The Master of Sustainable Real Estate Development (MSRED) degree is an interdisciplinary one-year graduate program that prepares students from diverse backgrounds to become effective and influential participants in the fields of real estate finance, design and development. We equip our graduates with a blended education in business, economics, sustainable design, urbanism, and legal issues. The MSRED degree is practice-oriented and emphasizes opportunities for students to gain experience and build a professional network in innovative for-profit, nonprofit and public settings.
- Faculty of Industry Professionals: Learn from current practitioners who bring real-world experience and a commitment to teaching.
- Experiential Learning: Get direct field experience through structured internships, client-based research projects, and field study trips to learn the challenges and successes in other cities nationally.
- Alumni Success: MSRED alumni are making an impact in high-level leadership positions across the industry.
- Connections with Local and National Organizations: Build a professional network through interaction with industry professionals at the local, state and national levels.
- Program Length: Full time (one year) or part time (two years)
- Start Date: June
- Small Class Size: 20-24 students
- Dual Degree Options: MBA/MSRED and M.Arch/MSRED tracks available
- Career Opportunities: Project Manager, Financial Analyst, Development Associate, Consultant, Principal, Owner
Graduate Degree Program
|Summer Session 1||Credit Hours|
|SRED 6100||Intro-Real Est Finance & Econ||3|
|SRED 6110||Intro- Real Estate Arch & Dsgn||3|
|Summer Session 2|
|SRED 6130||Intro to Sustainable Urbanism||3|
|SRED 6140||Intro to Finance Products||3|
|SRED 6400||Urban Field Study||0|
|SRED 6210||Legal Issues in Real Est Deve||3|
|SRED 6220||Sustainable Design & Planning||4|
|SRED 6230||Real Estate Finance||3|
|SRED 6240||Applied Urban Economics||4|
|SRED 6720||Case Study Sust Real Est Deve||4|
|SRED 6740||Directed Research||4|
|Total Credit Hours||40|
|SRED 6540||Building Performance||3|
|SRED 6550||Community Deve Finance||3|
|SRED 6560||Business of Real Estate Devel||3|
|ARCH 6212||Materials and Methods||3|
|ARCH 6764||NOLA Geography for Architects||3|