Public Health Minor
This minor has been designed for Tulane University students who are not in the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine but want a general introduction to the concepts and applications of
Please note the following before applying to the Public Health Minor:
- Applicants must have junior standing and be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- All minor courses must be taken for a letter grade, with an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
The Public Health Minor requires a minimum of 18 credits in undergraduate Public Health courses.
Students are required to take the following courses for a total of 9 credits:
- SPHU 101 - Epidemics, Revolutions, and Response: The Historical Development of Public Health
- SPHU 102 - The Cell, The Individual, and The Community
- SPHU 201 - Disease Ecology and Public Health Concepts
Students are required to take any one of the following courses for 3 credits
- SPHU 202 - Genetics and Human Health
- SPHU 301 - Public Health Systems Design and Decision Analysis
- SPHU 302 - Knowledge and Information in the Practice of Public Health
- SPHU 401 - Foundations and Formulation of Public Health Policy
Students may take any two additional Public Health courses not already completed. Students may choose from all undergraduate Public Health courses, for the six additional credits.